Before the tattoo session think about :
- Provide rest after the session (proportional to the size of your tattoo)
- Hydrate well a few days before and eat a little fat.
- Rest well and do not consume any psychotropics on the day before the tattoo.
After the session :
- The tattoo takes about ten days to heal.
- During this period, you will have to be very attentive to hygiene (especially hands)
- The simple rules stated on this page are to be observed so that the healing of the tattoo takes place in the best conditions.
With clean hands :
- 2 to 3h after the realization of your tattoo:
- Wash tattoo under warm water (not hot) with neutral PH soap or intimate hygiene soap to remove all residue (blood, ink, lymph, etc.)
- Dry it by tapping it with a clean towel. Do not rub it.Leave it in the open air until your tattoo is completely dry and the skin starts to soften (between 20 minutes and one hour)
- Apply ointment or oil, don’t put too much (just a drop), and massage well to stretch the skin and make it penetrate.
- Leave your tattoo in the open air or, if necessary (exposure to germs, dust, etc.), make a dressing with a cotton compress.
- Renew the operation before you go to bed.
From the next day :
- Wash the tattoo well morning and evening in the shower, let it breathe (between 20 minutes and an hour) then apply the ointment 4 to 5 times a day so that it is constantly hydrated.
- As long as it is not cured, you should continue to wash it 2 to 3 times a day with bactericidal soap and lukewarm water. This can last between 3 and 6 weeks, depending on your skin, the extent and location of the tattoo.
For 10 days:
- Always wash your hands with soap before touching your tattoo.
- Never scratch if scabs form, usually at the end of the 4th day, they drop by themseves.
- Avoid soaking the tattoo in water. Just take quick showers (5-6 minutes) but no baths, no swimming pool, sea or sauna.
- No tight clothes on the tattoo (If your clothes stick to your tattoo, do not pull on it! First wet the area with water.) Avoid fluffy clothes, as the fibers can get into the wounds and cause infection.
For 1 month
- No sun exposure because UV is the first enemy of tattooing. After this time, protect it with a total sun screen, especially the first year that follows.
- Little or no sport, depending on the size of the tattoo because it is an open wound, it is therefore necessary to avoid heavy sweats and cuts for good healing.